Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

love quotes for him from her

love quotes for him from her. love quotes to him from her.
  • love quotes to him from her.


  • PowerFullMac
    Jan 12, 01:02 PM
    for me, this would go into the "who cares" column. i don't need another notebook no matter how thin it is. what i need is a sub notebook. i don't believe a thinner notebook would garner all of this much attention. not a big enough deal. not the apple style. MacBook Air. i have to say no way.

    i'll go out on a limb and say the "air" has something to do with a new wireless network to replace the stupid EDGE network.

    Maybe its not just thinner, maybe its got some special feautre(s)! Or maybe it has a multi-touch display!




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • DeSnousa
    Apr 14, 02:26 AM
    :eek: That much, what are modern computers pumping out these days! What would be producing the most points per day? I'm thinking about buying a graphics card just to fold on if that is the case :D

    Also how do you find the GPU I have had to limit mine down to 70% as I find it interferes with the effects that Windows 7 does.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • SciFrog
    Nov 19, 06:16 AM
    5 here at home, although the mac pro must use as much power as the four other combined...




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him and her.
  • love quotes for him and her.


  • yg17
    Mar 19, 11:16 PM
    For the sake of consistency with the App Store and its censorship policies, it should be removed for containing offensive, disgusting content.

    I don't think it should be removed, and I don't think many other apps that have been removed should be removed. I just think Apple should censor consistently or not censor at all.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • manhattanboy
    Sep 14, 08:39 PM
    This story gets buried in the blog and a story of ninja stars makes page one? No Apple bias here. :rolleyes:

    That's the hottest avatar I've seen since the guy who had the moving butt picture of the jailbait girl. :D




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him and her.
  • love quotes for him and her.


  • longofest
    Nov 29, 02:10 PM
    Already been done...

    http://www.tuaw.com/2006/01/11/atechs-toilet-paper-dispenser-ipod-dock/

    That is absolutely fantastic!




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him and her.
  • love quotes for him and her.


  • alecmcmahon
    Feb 1, 09:10 AM
    my rides

    2010 dodge ram 1500 hemi

    99 jeep wrangler

    http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4004/5130546008_dce479858d_b.jpg




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • Photics
    Mar 26, 07:43 AM
    But remember that the PS3 was $600 at launch, but is $300 now. Each PS3 game is $60, while Real Racing 2 is $7. So the cost proposition after a few games is not that different.

    I don't think the problem here is cost. Lots of people want an iPad, so this is like a fringe benefit. It's more about logistics. I don't think it makes sense to run two screens, and tether an iPad to the TV.

    Heh, true, I use my iPhone as a Netflix player. Yet, I don't have to hold the iPhone to do it. I just set it up and enjoy the movie. An iPad is a nice tablet, but not a great controller.

    I think a USB controller, going to the iPad 2 - that's connected to a TV - makes more sense. Then, it's like a real gaming console. Another possibility... the iPad 2 camera could be used for motion detection. Then, the gaming can be like the Wii or XBOX 360 Kinect.

    My problem here is the cable — HDMI cables are usually short.

    This is progress though.

    All from the same device. The iPad does a lot things, but it actually does them well. That's pretty significant.

    I'm not bashing the iPad. I think it's cool. It's clearly the leader in the tablet market. Yet, I don't think this is the direction to go for gaming. I think the Apple TV makes more sense.

    Apple TV — With a Camera — and that changes things.
    FaceTime, Games, Apps on the TV.

    But again, the controller is the problem. Apple is not leading here. It should set the standard, not let developers create Frankenstein gaming consoles. This isn't the Pipen. Apple has a strong opportunity to enter the game console space. I don't see a reason to delay.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him and her.
  • love quotes for him and her.


  • a456
    Sep 1, 02:19 PM
    At WWDC, Apple mentioned one of Leopard's features - 64 bit application support. Let's fast forward to Leopard's release day and look at Apple's line. I'm guessing that all all their machines will have 64-bit processors, but surely the difference in processors used in the Macbook, Macbook Pro, the iMac, and the mini, surely can't be just speed, and all using the Merom? The iMac will have Conroe, maybe an E6600.

    If the iMac had the Conroe and this is more powerful than the Merom wouldn't this continue to place the processing power of the consumer desktop above the power of the 'pro' laptop, which has been one of the problems for some time now? If they both had Merom at least they would be equal. Don't know about the Macbook and the Mini though, I guess the distinction is that they don't have separate graphics cards.




    love quotes for him from her. sad love quotes for him from
  • sad love quotes for him from


  • Themaeds
    Mar 23, 06:20 AM
    Do people seriously have that many songs?!!! seriously?!!!

    220gb = 50,000 songs?!!!!! That is totally not necessary.



    Totally necessary...You never know when you are going to want to listen to that random Engelbert Humperdinck song that's been stuck in your head




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • szark
    Aug 6, 11:15 PM
    you know everyone's going mac nuts when it says "update: photo of cloth covered banners".... :)

    Or when there are multiple threads analyzing a photograph of a banner with dozens of icons on it, and nobody notices the photo also shows (the same) two covered banners. :)




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes to him from her.
  • love quotes to him from her.


  • twoodcc
    Feb 13, 11:43 PM
    Looks like there is a problem with 6.29 client (at least for mac) where if you get an a1 unit after an a3 one, something goes wrong.

    dang. well all my computers are down back at my apartment, so my production will be very little. i just started folding on my mbp with an a3 unit, so we'll see how it goes




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • clj7
    Jan 7, 03:43 AM
    Here's my first and only car I've ever "owned". It's a 1.2 litre Corsa SXI 2001. It was initially bought as a learner car for me and my sisters to start learning in. I passed 2 years ago, and since then it's only me who's been driving the car. My big sister has her own car now, and my little sister won't be starting for another year.

    So at the moment it's just me who's using the car, so I get to use it in University - which makes me very lucky I believe.

    And I also took this picture this morning. A fresh wave of snow has just arrived in Wales, just when I thought I had seen the last of the snow last week.:(

    http://img713.imageshack.us/img713/706/corsab.jpg




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • czardmitri
    Nov 28, 02:16 PM
    one of the key differences between the xbox and zune. is that microsoft only had to contend with 2 other players in the video game indistry. the ipod maybe top. but there are hundred of other companies to battle first just to reach second place. and also phone companies. spending money maynot help them like in the case of the xbox.

    The main difference (as I understand it) is that MS can at least attempt to make up for their losses on the sales of xBoxes from the games that are licensed for xBox. They can't do the same with music for the money they're losing on each Zune sold. Apple's margin on music is slim; they make money on the iPods.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • gnasher729
    Apr 3, 12:20 PM
    Great ad. When they can't compete on specs Apple should try to use fuzzy math (sorry, logic) to convince people that there is more to their products. That's the only way for Apple to keep the profit margin.

    You may not have noticed that, but what you call "specs" are not the specs that are important to Apple, and not the specs that are important to people. I've heard the term "measurbators" used in photography for people who are interested in the specs of cameras, instead of being interested in making photos. Apple doesn't build the iPad for people who look for specs, but for people who want to do stuff with a tablet and enjoy it.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes to him from her.
  • love quotes to him from her.


  • BornAgainMac
    Jan 11, 07:07 PM
    I am still hoping the laptop is a tablet. Whenever I replay the Keynote about the secret features, I think those features were just not implemented in Leopard. The iphone was the secret hardware feature.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • THeKiNGs
    Mar 30, 03:06 PM
    If tonyfailx86 is now a source for rumors, we have to get another "job"...

    THe KiNG.




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes to him from her.
  • love quotes to him from her.


  • SciFrog
    Dec 1, 09:05 PM
    Thanks and I'll be expecting you to blow past me then, in about a month :rolleyes: or so...

    Well, I won't get back the #7 spot from you ;) unless these 12 cores Gulftown Mac pros come out at MWSF...




    love quotes for him from her. love quotes for him from her.
  • love quotes for him from her.


  • PowerFullMac
    Jan 12, 10:25 AM
    Really? I guess they've never heard of Nike before then.

    People thought the iPhone would be called the iPhone for years.

    I think that they should go with 'MacBook Pump' instead. The Reebok Pumps were so cool. Pump it up!

    http://www.flytip.com/blogs/sneaker_culture/archives/images/alife_pump.jpg

    Cisco already used the name "iPhone", but that never stopped the almighty Apple!




    aeaglex07
    Mar 31, 08:11 AM
    :eek: yeah that new iCal is hideous. i know its still just a dev preview but if that is any indicator of the rest of the UI i wont be upgrading. LOL




    k8to
    Aug 31, 02:34 PM
    The worry is that in a few years interesting software applications will only come in x64 - companies will drop the fat binaries due to the expenses associated with multiple versions of the software.
    [...]
    So, not only can the 64-bit chip be significantly faster when in 64-bit mode - it is more future-proof.

    Ding, ding, ding! I buy computers around once every four years, sometimes even less frequently. A "Core Duo" without EMT64 or amd64 or whatever you want to is not a four year computer. It is not good performance for money compared to merom (especially since you have to buy a whole rest of the computer to get it), and more importantly, x86-64 only apps will exist in this 4-5 year window.

    Larger companies, and general apps aren't such a big concern. They will probably be willing to supply x86 versions four years from now for all but the most demanding apps. However, independent developers working on projects making interesting niche software are less likely to want to deal with the hassle of fixing bugs on multiple architectures.

    I've actually had development tasks where a single process used over 4 gigs virtual. I've never needed to do such on my personal machine so far, but it would be pretty unsurprising to cross that boundary in the next few years. With x86-64 the task can just run all night, and swap what may. With x86, it might involve lots of workarounds, or be simply impossible. This does not appeal to me!




    BlizzardBomb
    Sep 1, 12:15 PM
    Oh, I think disposing of the chin would be desirable and might be possible.

    Getting rid of the chin would require an external power supply like the ACDs unless you want a power supply sized blank space on the screen :p




    Butthead
    Oct 23, 11:46 AM
    Unfortunately, the current MBP is restricted to about 3.2GB because of the 32bit CPU *AND* the 32bit i945 chipset. Intel won't have a 64bit mobile chipset until they ship Crestline (the i965 mobile chipset for Santa Rosa). So, unless Crestline is ready early and Apple has some sort of exclusive agreement, the updated MBP still will not allow anyone to use more than approximately 3.2GB of RAM.

    ...

    Arrgh, MR Administrator should now be boiling up a pot of linguine noodles for self-flagellation. ;P Then do the right thing and fold this thread back into the main MBP rumor thread...sheesh! Not another thread of people who have not read through the 3.6k posts in the main thread on the MBP, all this people rehashing the same stupid "it better have this, I want crestline, I hope, I hope upgraded GPU (not gonna happen, sorry), I want this upgrade and that...NOT GONNA HAPPEN.

    Look it's simple Apple couldn't get enough if the lower yield, highest speed Merom chips after they decided to use them in the iMac 1st (while all the PC manufacturers used Conroe for their desktops). meaning that Apple had to wait for Intel to supply them with enough chips to roll out the laptop Meroms, based on exactly the same Napa chipset/platform that the Yonah MBP's are based on. It's simply a minor speed bump by changing over to the 64bit Merom, with very few other upgrades that would constitute a 'silent' upgrade.---same as iMac, just later than iMac cause they couldn't get enough chips for both the iMac & MBP at the same time. End of story.

    Major upgrades or case redesign (for better cooling, which would require new motherboards) will not come until Santa Rosa chipset/platform becomes available NEXT year.

    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=2943835&postcount=2906

    But to repeat from that prior post link of a Sept 26th story:

    http://www.channelregister.co.uk/2006/09/27/intel_intros_santa_rosa/

    "Intel is still saying Santa Rosa will ship in H1 though it's expected to come late Q1/early Q2"

    No, Santa Rosa (which Crestline is a part of) will not be showing up miraculously early for Apple this year (or any other manufacturer) only via "exclusive" lol- the mighty Steve-O is all powerful, yet IBM & Freescale blew him off, dream on.

    GM965 official name for 'Crestline' mobile chip that comes with integrated Intel GPU (MB's will likely get this one too to the dismay of the MB hopeful; sorry Apple goes for the absolute cheapest solutions in the MB line, this is their history, remember the 1st iBooks that omitted the FW port, even though the MB had the FW support on it!). PM965 would be the one Apple will use for separate ATI or Nvidia GPU.




    xlii
    Apr 20, 02:31 PM
    Learned how to drive a manual in 1969, on a '63 Plymouth Valiant. Taught myself by going up and down the driveway until I got the gas - clutch - shift - brake thing figured out. Wasn't too hard. What I like about it is you have to listen to the engine, you are more aware of what your car is doing. The only downside is in winter, on snow or ice going up a hill and having to do stop and go driving in those situations.



    Yorum Gönder

    0 Yorumlar