When I first started scrolling through Instagram and trendmood1 (great resource for all of the new beauty products coming out), I saw that Tarte was coming out with a new line of liquid lipsticks AKA the Tarteist Lip Paints. Honestly, I was not at all impressed with the names. Yes, the shade names are pop culture/social media sayings and the references of the 2010's, and some people might think they are cute, but I just find it too "try-hard" and eye-roll-inducing. Cray cray? Twerk? Adorbs? Don't get me started on YAASSSS (I hate that saying). I do like doing TBT pictures and post them to get a twinge of nostalgia. So maybe that might be why I'm less annoyed with the shade TBT. But I also tested this at Sephora and Ulta and fell in love. They didn't have it at the time (maybe it's a popular shade), but I visited Ulta again and bought it with my store credit (from returning some NYX items), and the rest with my card.
The Tarteist Lip Paint retails at $20 for 0.20 fl oz. I chose TBT because it's a mauve-nudish shade that actually looks good on me. I've searched high and low, wasting money last year to find that "Kylie"-esque shade. I would say that this looks really lovely on all skin tones. These days, I've opted for more subtle makeup looks...though I do still love to glam it up. This shade gives your lips some extra oomph and life. For medium/tan skin, this is a great MLBB (my lips but better) shade.
What do I love about this? Well, though it's a liquid lipstick, it's not drying at all. It has a smooth, creamy velvety finish. It feels so soft, like you're kissing cotton. It's almost matte, but not completely. But that doesn't come without flaws: because it doesn't dry down completely, it's prone to fading and feathering, so you must use a lip liner. The Tarteist lip paints also come with the matching lip crayon, which you can find here. But I am sure you can find more affordable lip liners that match similarly. Also, it is not very long lasting. It doesn't last throughout eating, and I tested the longevity by kissing the back of my hand within 10 minutes of application. A lot of it came out. So a lip primer is definitely a must, especially because it accentuates fine lines (I recommend MAC Prep and Prime).
Though it shows up pretty dark in the tube, it's actually swatches lighter on my arm and on my lips. However, overtime it darkens on my lips.
Cecilio loves this picture of me for some reason, lol.
Would I buy the other shades? I don't know. There are some beautiful shades I would love such as bae (classic red), frenemy (deep violet), love spell (hot pink), and hangry (burgundy), but I can't justify spending $20 when the tube is messy and the formula is less than stellar. I know that the NYX Soft matte lip creams have dupes of the shades I love from the Tarteist lip paint line for only $6, so I will stick to that. However, I do like TBT a lot so I will still be using this on the regular.
Have you guys tried or bought the Tarteist lip paints yet?




0 Yorumlar