Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

AMW Makeover: June Bride

What's the source of my happiness?

You got it right!  Prettifying other people is the answer! 

I haven't posted much on AMW makeovers for quite some time as I've been caught up with a very busy schedule so I had to wait for July to post one of my June brides! 


 The Bride
Skin type: Combination (normal and dry)
Request: None
 The bride didn't go through any trial makeover with me so the day of her wedding was the first time I met her.  Once I saw her, I can't help but compliment her nice skin and all of a sudden, I have a "look" in mind which I'm glad came out the exact way as I've imagined!

I was aiming for soft looking brows, very light, neutral eye makeup, soft pink cheeks and lips!  The bride exclaimed that she had her pre-nup shoot done in China and this was how her makeup looks like.  For me, it was a huge compliment as I've always been a fan of pre-nup/bridal makeup done in China!  I've seen albums after albums and have always wanted to re-create a fresh, vibrant, no makeup-yet blooming kind of look!

 

Final look
The bride felt a bit uncomfortable with false lashes on but after a couple of minutes, she finally got the hang of it!  I appreciated the fact that she took my advise and wore a pair as it made a huge difference not only in person, but also on photos!

She's got great smile, don't you agree?

 

 Mother of the Bride
Skin type: Normal with dry patches
Request: None

Even without uttering a word for makeup requests, at the back of my head, I know what moms are aiming for especially on the day of their daughters/sons' wedding!

Natural and fresh minus the cake-y look.  Of course, the younger looking, the better!  Who wouldn't want to look younger than their real age right?  I know my mom would!  *laughs*

Lucky her, the mother of the bride have a very young-looking skin, it was a bit tricky on my part to find a matching foundation on her as she has some red pigmentation at the center of her face. I had to mix and foundations several times before finding the right one!  I also had to correct the redness by applying green colored corrector prior to foundation application.   Just in case you wonder, I used CK Foundation on her mixing my lightest and darkest shade to create a personalized shade for her.

For the rest of the makeup, I steered away from shimmery powders but went for eye shadows with a tiny bit of sheen to make her overall look more youthful.  I concentrated on applying the eyeshadow at the outer corners to "lift" her eyes creating youthful vibe!

I finished off with a peachy pink colored blush and to be honest, I forgot the exact shade of lipstick used as we tried various colors before she finally picked the one she likes!  So I guess it's a mix of this and that shade!  :)


Mother of the Bride
Au natural and glowing!
 

 Sister of the Bride 1
Skin type: Oily
Request: Natural makeup with falsies!
The eldest sister of the bride also have good skin.  After a bit of chit chat and interview, we were able to come into a conclusion that she has acidic skin.  I'm glad I did her makeup a bit earlier as I get to glance at her skin every now and then checking on her foundation.

Note: For acidic skin, some foundations may turn dark or orange.

So far, I picked the right shade of foundation (2 shades lighter) as the end result was foundation matched in heaven.

A very light, pinky peach shade of blush and lip color was used as "natural makeup" is the trend of this family :) 


Sister of Bride 1 final look
Check out the gorgeous smile!
 

 Sister of Bride 2
Skin: Combination (Normal/Oily)
Request: None
The second sister is actually a friend/ex-colleague of mine, she was the one who booked my services even without trial and I haven't seen her for more than 10 years!  It was nice catching up with her while I do her makeup.

For her makeup, I didn't have a hard time picking a foundation shade as she doesn't need much coverage, I used a light foundation from Paul & Joe and focused a bit on her eye makeup, creating more "depth" to her eyes.  I also thickened her brows a tiny bit using a shade lighter than her hair color so it'll show up a more natural and sweet.



Sister of the Bride 2 final look
I love her curls!  Suits her well!

Hair done by : Kim Tan Rodriguez
Photos by my loving husband Keith Tiu!

Which among the 4 is your favorite?
Keep smilin'
Stay happy!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar